Golf Passes, or combined green fee deals, offer savings for playing multiple courses, normally in the same area.
If your Scottish golf trip is going to take in two or more courses fairly close to each other you may find there are savings to be made. There are two types of Pass, and we believe we have listed below all the options currently available in Scotland:
1. Passes, or combined green fee deals, with a set cost that covers play on all of the golf courses included.
- The great value Arran Golf Pass costs £110 for play on each of the 7 courses on the Isle of Arran.
- The Ayrshire Golf Pass costs £180 to play each of Kilmarnock Barassie, Irvine and Prestwick St Nicholas, – weekdays only. The Ayrshire Golf Pass Plus adds Dundonald for a total cost of £305.
- Brora and Golspie offer a combined ticket for play on the same or consecutive days with a saving of £35 on the high season individual green fees.
- The Championship Links Trail Ticket is £275 in high season for play at each of Panmure, the Monifieth Medal course and Montrose.
- The Gailes Golf Experience is £310 for play at each of Dundonald, Gailes Links and Western Gailes.
- Links With History is a combination of 4 historic Fife golf courses, Crail, Ladybank, Lundin and Scotscraig, offering a reduced green fee of £65 midweek, or £75 at the weekend, if booking 2 or more of the 4 courses at the same time.
- Nairn Dunbar offers combined tickets with several nearby courses including Elgin, Inverness, Moray, and the Championship course at Nairn Golf Club for savings over the individual green fees.
- The West Perthshire Golf Pass is £55 for three rounds from a choice of 5 beautiful 9 hole courses.
2. You purchase a Pass and then benefit from a discount on the green fees at participating courses.
- The Dornoch Firth Golf Pass covers the Royal Dornoch Championship course, the Struie, Brora, Golspie and Tain. The initial cost is £40 which a 25% discount on the green fees at each course. To play the Dornoch Championship Links is a £30 supplement and can only be played by pass holders after 2pm.
- First in Fife is an online booking service for 17 golf courses in Fife, aimed principally at group bookings. Discounts start at 5% for up to 8 rounds booked at the same time, rising to 25% discount for 41 rounds or more.
- North Coast 500 Golf Passport costs £20 and offers savings on green fees at 17 golf courses along the North Coast 500 route.
- Royal Deeside Golf Ticket Purchase a 3 day ticket for £90 or a 5 day ticket for £150. You then pay £30 for each round you play at each of the 5 participating courses - Aboyne, Ballater, Banchory, Braemar or Peterculter. The ticket must be downloaded and printed from one of the participating courses.
For all golf passes do work out how much you are going to play and if the pass you purchase will save you money overall.